The problem: and there’s more at the dedicated blog.
Projects & work are complex, because of:
- You can only control 2 of these at a time: Money, Time, Quality.
- Things happen!
- It’s hard to know what is needed, usually only after finding out what you don’t want/need.
- Projects are complex, & chaotic in the mathematical sense ‘very sensitive to initial conditions’
- Chaotic system – that’s why you need a human brain to manage it
- Chaotic – so its not reducible to a mechanistic process
- Chaotic because of human element, & other parties who act as autonomous beings –
- suppliers, other teams/departments in the host organisation